Last updated 30 March 2015
| 2014 |
30 Mar 15 | 3rd British Webserver Team Tournament
Austin Lockwood writes on behalf of The Welsh Federation (WCCF) to invite entries to the 3rd British Webserver Team Tournament. This event has some
similarities with the SCCA Webserver League, and a number of teams participate in both. Division 1 features strong playing strength (GMs, SIMs and IMs are
involved), while lower divisions have a wider rating spread. Teams consist of 4 players, 2 of whom must be UK-based, with the other 2 from any location.
Normally 7 teams comprise a division. Fees are £20/team. Registration closes 1st June; play starts 15th June. If you are interested, please contact
George Pyrich before 25th May.
15 Jan 15 | ICCF 8th Interzonal Team Tournament
Sergey Grodzensky writes on behalf of ICCF Zonal Director for Europe, Marco Caressa, to announce the 8th Interzonal Team Tournament. A total of 10 teams
will participate, representing Europe (5), Latin America (1), North America/Pacific (2) and Africa/Asia (2). Each team has 8 players and each board will
play a round robin against 9 opponents. European federations are being asked to nominate 1 player plus 1 reserve. No fees expected. Registration closes
31st January, play starts in March. If you are interested, please contact
George Pyrich as soon as possible and before 28th January.
- 06 Jan 15 | ICCF Grading List 2015/1 Published
- The first quarterly list of 2015 is published on the website today. Look under publications/grading list
to see the web page, or go to members/downloads for the pdf version. For further information, please contact
- 06 Jan 15 | Magazine 128 Published
- The fourth e-mag of the 2014 set is being distributed by email today. Printed copies are in the post tonight. As usual, members will be
asked to download their e-mags from the secure Members' page on the website, while complimentary e-mags will be attached to the email.
Download times will be a touch longer than last quarter. If you have any problems with this edition, please drop me an email at:
and I'll do what I can to help. Enjoy the read!
- 03 Jan 15 | Friendly Versus Wales Starts
- Team captains George Pyrich and Russell Sherwood have finalised their teams and we now start a 20-board friendly match against Wales. The Welsh CCA was
in abeyance for some years, but has been revived in recent times thanks to the efforts of the Sherwood clan amongst others. They'll be hosting the ICCF
Congress in Cardiff during 2015, which marks quite a transformation. We last played them over 2000-03 in a postal encounter with 17 boards, the Dragons
winning by 17-13 with 4 boards declared void. This match is all-webserver over 20 boards, with an official start date of 10th January, though most games
are now in session and one match is already complete. Best wishes to both teams for enjoyable chess and socialising!
- 03 Jan 15 | ICCF 2015 World Championship Preliminaries
- ICCF Title Tournaments Commissioner Gian-Maria Tani writes to announce the Preliminaries stage of the 2015 World Championship. This event
will be played in sections of 13 players (or 15/17 at the organisers' discretion), with entries closing on 15th February and play commencing on 20th March.
Entry must be made through national delegates and each member federation is allowed to nominate entries - SCCA is once again entitled to 3 places in the 2015
cycle (includes Preliminaries and Semi-Finals). If you are interested, please contact
George Pyrich as soon as possible and before 8th February.
- 03 Jan 15 | ICCF President's New Year Message
- To all Correspondence Chess Friends,
- As 2014 ends, I would like to extend my warmest wishes to you and all those dear to you for a very healthy, happy, and successful New Year. I also
wish to extend my sincere thanks to all officials and delegates for their devoted work on behalf of ICCF during the last year.
- In 2014, we have further consolidated our Organisation with an extended offer of tournaments, the further development of the server and on-going
agreements with our main sponsors. We also took major steps forward on the road to modern correspondence chess with the first introduction of automated
ruling by the server.
- In 2014, more than 2100 payers have used the Direct Entry program, an increase of 20% with respect to last year and 2014 will be another record year
- In 2015, we will continue to develop ICCF in three main directions. The introduction of the Laws of Correspondence Chess will further strength the
leading role of ICCF in the field of correspondence chess. The further modernization of the rules, taking advantage of the advanced technology of the server,
will help us to increase the services to the players. The work and the role of the Tournament Directors have only slightly evolved since their inceptions
during the postal area of correspondence chess, and it is now time to redefine their roles and duties aiming at improving the services to the players.
- While relying on our 60+ years of history, ICCF has to look forward and continuously improve its structure, rules, and offers, and our challenge is to
increase the number of players who are very satisfied by our Federation.
- I look forward to meeting you in Cardiff in August for the 2015 ICCF Congress.
- In closing, let me once again extend to you my best wishes for the New Year. I hope that 2015 will bring satisfaction in all your endeavors, personal,
professional, and chess!
- Amici Sumus,
- Eric Ruch
- ICCF President